RHENIUM EXTRACTION FROM THE VOLCANIC GAS
*Integrated production of other rare earth and precious metals
* Rheniite (ReS2 – is the first mineral of the element rhenium discovered at the Kudriavy Volcano, Iturup Island (the Kurile Islands) in 1992.
ABOUT THE PROJECT
Rhenium is one of the rarest elements in the Earth's crust and a critical raw material in an array of industries.
( Clark n x 10 8 )
( Clark n x 10 8 )
World rhenium consumption is about 60 tons per annum. Development of the volcano Kudravy will allow to occupy up to 20% of the world Rhenium market and to fully cover Russian needs. Information as of 2017.
World rhenium reserves are mainly accumulated in copper and molybdenum ores deposits. The deposit on Iturup island is a unique one as rhenium is contained in the volcanic gas. Estimated annual rhenium supply is 36 tons per annum (anticipated production is 10 tons per annum)
The unique character of the deposit is that the volcano is a natural MPP doing part of high-cost ore-dressing works, which are necessary during rhenium extraction and processing from molybdenum and copper ores.
- Search of investment perspectives (opportunity studies);
- Preliminary project preparation (pre-feasibility studies);
- Final project preparation and evaluation of its financial and technical-and-economic justification (feasibility studies);
- Final studies and investment decisions stage (final evaluation).
- Implementation of the investment project;
- Development of a business mechanism of interaction of the project parties;
- Project works;
- Purchase (rent) of the land plot;
- Construction of production facilities;
- Purchase and assemble of equipment;
- Construction of production infrastructure.
- Product certification;
- Development of a dealership network;
- Monitoring (detailed analysis) of economic performance of the project.
Tsivadze Aslan Yusupovich
Head of research, doctor of chemical Sciences, academician of the Russian Academy of Sciences. Frumkin Institute of physical chemistry and electrochemistry of the Russian Academy of Sciences (IFHE RAS)
Korobov Maxim Leonidovich
Shteinberg Mikhail Genrikhovich
Operational Project Manager. Expedition Works Manager.
Yakovleva Natalya Vladimirovna
Deputy Chief Executive Officer for Economics and Finance
45.119482, 147.925958 map co-ordinates
+7 (495) 645 8888